Stacks, safepoints, snapshotting and GC

Per Liden per.liden at oracle.com
Tue Jan 7 12:58:48 UTC 2020

While we're on this topic I thought I could mention that part of the
plans to make ZGC a true sub-millisecond max pause time GC includes
removing thread stacks completely from the GC root set. I.e. in such a
world ZGC will not scan any thread stacks (virtual or not) during STW,
instead they will be scanned concurrently.

But we're not quite there yet...

cheers,
Per