Loom fails tobuild on linux x64

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sun Jan 12 18:32:14 UTC 2020

On 12/01/2020 15:25, Remi Forax wrote:
> Hi all,
> Loom fails to build on linux x64.
>
> See https://travis-ci.org/forax/java-next/jobs/635937417#L2009
>
> Note that it builds on macOs ??

guarantee(this->is8bit(imm8)) failed: Short forward jump exceeds 8-bit
offset at <NULL>:0

Does jdk/jdk build on this system? Just asking as I sync'ed loom up to
jdk-15+5 yesterday so we picked up a lot of changes from the main line.
Release and fastdebug builds are working for me on linux-x64, macosx-x64
and windows-x64 but the code generation will be different depending on
the version of AVX support and other factors so useful to know first if
you see the same thing with the main line.

-Alan