Intrinsify currentThread()

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Jul 28 14:41:25 UTC 2020

On 28/07/2020 15:10, Andrew Haley wrote:
> I pushed a patch which intrinsifies currentThread() to something much more
> efficient than what we have. It's quite a big change, so I've tested it as
> much as I can.
>
> There should be no externally-visible changes. If there are, please shout.

Great! I see some of the stress tests in
test/jdk/java/lang/Thread/virtual/stress are failing, it looks like
anything that uses parkNanos. Adding @ChangesCurrentThread to VT
scheduleUnpark and cancel should fix it. Also is it strictly needed on
runContinuation, is it because mount/unmount get inlined?

In passing, I wonder if the existing currentThread0 should be renamed as
it may be confusing to have two intrinsics with similar names.

-Alan.