Cooperative vs preemtive scheduling of virtual theads

Andrey Lomakin lomakin.andrey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:33:12 UTC 2020

Hi,
Thank you for the very useful feedback.

Does Thread.yield have defined semantics for virtual threads?

That is exactly question which I wanted to ask too. Becuase in quasar  its
implementation looked close to the "wait" key word when you give up
processor time to the other waiting virtual thread.

As for feedback , I have made migration just a few days ago.  Which was a
quite smooth.
So I did not run benchmarks yet. But on some of the tests I see about 1.5
times speed up (the ones which generate high rate of asynchronous calls to
the file IO).