com.sun.net.httpserver update

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sat Sep 19 08:03:08 UTC 2020

On 19/09/2020 05:41, Kasper Nielsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there are any plans to provide an implementation in
> jdk.httpserver that uses virtual threads?

I'm not aware of anyone doing anything on this. The main motivation for
this HTTP server was to support JAX-WS "callbacks" and I don't know if
got much usage beyond that. The default implementation is limited and
doesn't support HTTP/2 and several features. That said, it could
interesting to explore and play with. It has an SPI so you can deploy
other implementations so that would be one thing to try out. Another
thing to try is using HttpServer.setExecutor to set an executor that
creates a virtual thread per request. Is this something you would be
interested to trying out and report back?

-Alan