Scope Locals

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Sat Apr 3 14:32:34 UTC 2021

> Right. Bindings can only be used inside an in() expression.

When I worked on related features in the past, I found myself stumbling
around for the lack of a precise term for "all the code X for which the
current call frame is on X's stack", but this is the concept you're
describing.  (In the context of Loom, this would also include all
continuations that could indirectly return to this call frame.)  Bonus
points for coming up with a good term for this.

> No, I have no intention of allowing a ScopeLocal to be re-assigned
> once bound.

Thank you.