Loom fails to build today

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Apr 30 16:29:33 UTC 2021

On 29/04/2021 17:02, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Suggestions? This is clean checkout, release build.
>

> In file included from /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/memory/iterator.inline.hpp:37,
>                   from /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/utilities/bitMap.inline.hpp:28,
>                   from /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/gc/shared/markBitMap.inline.hpp:32,
>                   from /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/gc/shenandoah/shenandoahHeap.inline.hpp:29,
>                   from /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/gc/shenandoah/shenandoahCollectionSet.inline.hpp:30,
>                   from /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/gc/shenandoah/shenandoahBarrierSet.inline.hpp:31,
>                   from /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/gc/shared/barrierSetConfig.inline.hpp:40,
>                   from /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/oops/access.inline.hpp:29,
>                   from /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/classfile/javaClasses.inline.hpp:29,
>                   from /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/oops/instanceRefKlass.inline.hpp:28,
>                   from /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/oops/instanceRefKlass.cpp:28:
> /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/oops/instanceStackChunkKlass.inline.hpp: In member function 'void stackChunkOopDesc::copy_from_stack_to_chunk(intptr_t*, intptr_t*, int)':
> /local/loom/src/hotspot/share/oops/instanceStackChunkKlass.inline.hpp:307:21: error: 'jvmcont' was not declared in this scope
>     log_develop_trace(jvmcont)("Chunk bounds: " INTPTR_FORMAT "(%d) - " INTPTR_FORMAT "(%d) (%d words, %d bytes)",
>                       ^~~~~~~
I build on Linux, macOS, and Windows almost every day and I'm not seeing
this so I assume some difference in the environment. Sometimes the list
of includes isn't complete and we get lucky, in this case something else
must be including the log header file. Hard to say why it's only coming
now except that there is periodically trimming of the includes in the
main line, Ioi does that periodically to improve build times.

-Alan