Regarding project loom future timeline and other projects

Ron Pressler ron.pressler at oracle.com
Thu Aug 19 18:06:37 UTC 2021

Hi.
I’m happy to hear you’re excited about Project Loom, and it is always disappointing
when an anticipated feature misses a release, but luckily, we have a new release
every six months. I don’t yet know when exactly Loom will land, but it will be
a Preview [1] feature, at first.

As for other features that can benefit "serverless” code, take a look at Class Data
Sharing; it can greatly reduce the time-to-first-response of a cold
application and it’s already delivered. There’s a nice introduction to CDS in this blog post:
https://www.morling.dev/blog/building-class-data-sharing-archives-with-apache-maven/

— Ron

[1]: https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/12