Is there any (official) benchmark for Loom?

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Feb 2 08:56:34 UTC 2021

On 01/02/2021 20:59, Yichen Yan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m working on adapting Loom to GraalVM Native Image.
> I’ve finished sort of Loom’s features and think it’s time to start some performance test.
>
> I see there’s some benchmark out there, but I’m not very sure which one is the best to start with.
It will be interesting to hear more about your work with GraalVM native
image when you have something to show.

Did you find the micros in test/micro/org/openjdk/bench/loom? These may
be useful to adapt.

Alexander Temerev's "Skynet 1M threads microbenchmark" has also been
useful, lots of parking/unparking when the unbuffered channel is
implemented with a j.u.c.SynchronousQueue. That said, it tends to be
more of a GC stress test for Java as there is little/no work done in the
benchmark.

For larger workloads, running the Helidon MP server and a load generator
has been useful.

-Alan