jdk -> loom pickup?

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Jun 23 09:01:24 UTC 2021

On 23/06/2021 09:43, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It would be nice to have these two recent fixes from jdk in loom, to
> get nightly builds rolling:
>   8269120: Build failure with GCC 6.3.0 after JDK-8017163
>   8269138: Move typeArrayOop.inline.hpp include to vectorSupport.cpp
>
> Is there a pick-up schedule from mainline to loom?
> Should I bring the merge PR?
> Or is it handled differently?

Ron sync'ed up the loom repo to jdk-18+2 a few days ago. We try to sync
up weekly but sometimes the merges are complex and take effort to get
all the builds working again. It's rare to not have conflicts that need
fixing so I don't think we can automate it. I assume we'll pick up the
changes when we sync up to jdk-18+3. We're not seeing JDK-8269138 but I
duplicate it if I try to build with ShenandoahGC, so I guess this is why
you run into it. I don't think we have any objection to bringing into
some changes from the main line but jdk+18+3 should be promoted in the
next day or so.

-Alan