RFR: More tests in tier1_loom

Aleksey Shipilev shade at openjdk.java.net
Mon Oct 11 16:27:21 UTC 2021

On Mon, 11 Oct 2021 16:01:53 GMT, Alan Bateman <alanb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Ugh, tier1_loom in jdk/TEST.group is a not very maintainable. Let's wait until Leonid gets back as this is going to conflict with the testing we do in the Oracle CI system. Also I think we are close to the point where loom-tierX can go away.

This looks like a custom test group, are you saying Oracle runs it in CI testing? I would have expected the regular tiered testing captured all the tests, Loom included.

Either way, as I said in the PR description, it would be useful for development/porting work to have a test group that captures Loom tests, pretty much like other component test groups we have. Maybe it would not be called "tier1_loom", though, but just "hotspot_loom" and "jdk_loom"?