RFR: Remove is_owning_locks() call from freeze slow path [v3]

Patricio Chilano Mateo pchilanomate at openjdk.java.net
Wed Apr 20 21:29:55 UTC 2022

> The call to is_owning_locks() on each frame when we recurse on freeze can be removed. Instead we can check _held_monitor_count once at the beginning on freeze_internal().
>
> Tested locally by running all tests in test/jdk/java/lang/Thread/virtual/ and jdk/jdk/internal/vm/Continuation/, and in mach5 tiers loom-tier1, loom-tier2 and loom-tier3.
>
> Thanks,
> Patricio

Patricio Chilano Mateo has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  add parenthesis to silence clang warning

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/loom/pull/155/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/loom/pull/155/files/47e960b1..c5338c51

Webrevs: