RFR: Update problem lists to include newly created CRs

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.java.net
Fri Apr 22 06:35:33 UTC 2022

On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 06:19:33 GMT, Alan Bateman <alanb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I think we should add a comment to the top of both files to explain that they are used when running tests with -Dmain.wrapper=Virtual and maybe a sentence to say what that means. Doesn't have to be this PR but looking at these "special" exclude lists makes me think that they will be confusing to find in the repo.

Yes, I agree. In fact this file has tests that shouldn't be in it. For example, the management tests I don't think have any special logic for running in vthread mode, other than jtreg wrapper, which isn't what this problem list is for. They belong in the vthread problem list. I think maybe the jvmti tests belong there too. This problem list is only for tests that fail when not using the jtreg vthread wrapper, but still using `-Dmain.wrapper=Virtual` to put the test in "vthread mode". Explaining all this can get messy, since you need to differentiate between having the main test thread run as a vthread (which is what the jtreg wrapper is for), vs having other threads run in vthread mode by having test specific (or test library) support for creating threads as vthreads.