[External] : Re: jstack, profilers and other tools

Alex Otenko oleksandr.otenko at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 18:01:44 UTC 2022

I think I have made it clear that I am not sceptical about the ability to
spawn threads in large numbers, and that all I am sceptical about is the
use of Little's law in the way you did. You made it look like one needs
thousands of threads to get better throughput, whereas typical numbers are
much more modest than that. In practice you can't heedlessly add more
threads, as at some point you get response time degrading with no
improvement to throughput.