[External] : Re: jstack, profilers and other tools

Pedro Lamarão pedro.lamarao at prodist.com.br
Tue Jul 19 13:35:23 UTC 2022

Em ter., 19 de jul. de 2022 às 05:25, Alex Otenko <
oleksandr.otenko at gmail.com> escreveu:

> I find the claim that allowing thread per request is going to improve
> concurrency problematic exactly because there are other caps.

I think that this is also an important point.
It seems certain that *allowing* thread-per-request designs is not going to
improve concurrency.
If one already has an optimized system with an async/await design or
similar,
one would not super-optimize it by rewriting it in a thread-per-request
design.
I don't think there is anyone here making this claim.
In the context of design or architecture, the benefit of thread-per-request
is improved maintainability.
async/await is notoriously difficult to understand and debug, as are
state machines in general.

--
Pedro Lamarão