RFR: Better jdb support for vthreads. Improved jdb vthread testing support. [v3]

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.java.net
Tue Mar 8 20:31:26 UTC 2022

On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 15:47:55 GMT, Alex Menkov <amenkov at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Chris Plummer has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Minor comment changes.
>
> src/jdk.jdi/share/classes/com/sun/tools/example/debug/tty/EventHandler.java line 108:
>
>> 106:         ThreadReference eventThread = null;
>> 107:         if (event instanceof ClassPrepareEvent) {
>> 108:             eventThread = ((ClassPrepareEvent)event).thread();
>
> Suggestion:
>
>         if (event instanceof ClassPrepareEvent evt) {
>             eventThread = evt.thread();
>
> The same for lines 109-110

ok

> test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/jdb/kill/kill001/kill001.java line 53:
>
>> 51:  *      nsk.jdb.kill.kill001.kill001
>> 52:  *      -arch=${os.family}-${os.simpleArch}
>> 53:  *      -waittime=1 -verbose
>
> please add -verbose at separate line.
> And I suppose you changed waittime temporary and forgot to revert it.
> The same for other tests

Ok, will move to separate line. For `-waittime`, 5 seems overkill for all these tests. If anything ever goes wrong with the test, it seems you always end up waiting for a timeout. So first thing I do is change `-waittime` to 1 so I don't have to wait as long when debugging the test. I'd change it to .5 if I could, but it doesn't accept decimals. I could change it back to 5, but I don't see why it needs to be so big. Maybe @lmesnik can comment on this.