ScopedValue: Capturing current bindings

Andrew Haley aph-open at littlepinkcloud.com
Thu Jun 1 13:50:14 UTC 2023

On 6/1/23 12:58, Attila Kelemen wrote:
>> However, any structure that allows a scoped value to live after its binding scope has terminated is out of the question because it breaks a fundamental invariant.
> I do not want this at all, and never suggested to have this
> possibility. In fact, I agree that such access should not be allowed.

I'm sorry, trying to understand what you want is exhausting.

Please provide a concise and precise definition of what your API to
capture current scoped values would do. I do not need any examples
of how it might be used, just an operational definition of the
CapturedScopedValueContext API.

--
Andrew Haley  (he/him)
Java Platform Lead Engineer