Direct Style Scala

Eric Kolotyluk eric at kolotyluk.net
Fri Oct 6 22:05:14 UTC 2023

Martin Odersky DIRECT STYLE SCALA Scalar Conference 2023
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fm0y4K4YO8>

I thought this might be of interest to some loominaries... 😉

I wrote about it on https://users.scala-lang.org/t/java-21-and-loom/9542

I suspect that unless Scala has access to the JDK Delimited
Continuations API, they might ignore a really great opportunity to
improve Scala. As usual, Scala has some interesting ideas going forward
that might offer opportunities to Java...

On the other had, I have used both Virtual Threads and Structured
Concurrency from Scala, and it's not hard. I do prefer collecting
concurrent results with Scala Collection over Java Streams because they
are not as lazy... 😉

Happy Friday... have a great weekend...

Cheers, Eric