Review request for 7124382: [macosx] Property sun.awt.enableExtraMouseButtons is always 'false'

Artem Ananiev artem.ananiev at oracle.com
Thu Feb 2 04:16:09 PST 2012

Some comments from my side:

1. It would be fine not to store gsNumberOfButtons and gsButtonDownMasks
in the native code twice. Probably, caching may be done at the Java
level, e.g. in LWCToolkit? BTW, static variables in native are really
painful in MVM-like environment (if we ever really support it).

2. I wonder how the following piece of code is expected to work:

robot.mousePress(BUTTON1_DOWN_MASK | BUTTON2_DOWN_MASK)

Should we post two native events in this case (CGEventCreateMouseEvent
doesn't seem to support multiple buttons at once)? It's not a question
about the current fix, but rather how it works, or doesn't work, right now.

Thanks,

Artem