Mac OS X port - update

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Feb 3 03:23:03 PST 2012

On 03/02/2012 02:10, David Holmes wrote:

> I am concerned. There was some discussion when various changes went
> into 7u-osx regarding the suitability of the changes for inclusion in
> the mainline repositories ie 7u-dev. It was my understanding that
> there would be a more extensive review and, if necessary, clean up
> process, before those changes were merged into the mainline 7u-dev. I
> have only seen that happen for a couple of specific issues.
You're right, there were several concerns about some areas of the code
when jdk7u-osx was setup. One was the launcher and that has since been
sorted out by Kumar, another was the jnilib support, which has been
temporarily removed pending a cleaner implementation. I think it's worth
compiling an updated list of things that should be cleaned up although
from a stability point of view then some of them may be work for jdk8
rather than 7u.

-Alan