os.arch "amd64" or "x86_64"?

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Mon Feb 6 15:04:12 PST 2012

We should match the value used by Apple's Java 6 runtime to avoid
any unnecessary compatibility problems with programs that currently
run on Apple's Java 6...

Also, Oracle's RE group has been migrating away from using 'amd64'
to using 'x64'. Currently, 'amd64' in the promoted binaries and
bundles directories is a symbolic link to the 'x64' directories.

Dan