OSX Leopard PPC OpenJDK build tryouts

Maxim max_pole at gmx.de
Mon Feb 13 05:31:32 PST 2012

Hi everybody,

I hope this is the right e-mail list for my questions.

I'm trying to build OpenJDK using icedtea 1.11 on my PPC machine (G5 +
MacOSX Leopard)...
Trying to configure the build I've been asked to specify a JDK home
directory. What should I pass on?
What is it needed for?

I'll try to build the OpenJDK using Zero and Shark, the platform should
be "bsd", right?
If yes, is there a hope to build OpenJDK6 on MacOSX/PPC?
I remember I read somewhere that it isn't possible because icedtea6 doesn't support BSD but I could be wrong...

Has everyone here successfully built the OpenJDK on OSX/PPC?

Thank you in advance!
Best regards
Maxim Poliakovski