Code Review Request: 7144274: [macosx] Default IPv6 multicast interface is not being set when calling MulticastSocket.joinGroup()

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Tue Feb 14 00:58:58 PST 2012

Trivially, I don't think getDefaultScopeID needs it's implementation to
be ifdef'ed with MACOSX, at all. Then won't need the 'else return 0;'.

It is just a general utility method to get the value of the defaultIndex
field of NetworkInterace. Yes, the value will be 0 on all platforms
other than Mac, but equally getDefaultScopeID will not be called on any
platform, other than Mac.

-Chris.