java.library.path fix for MacOS X (7145798)

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Fri Feb 17 14:34:19 PST 2012

On 2/17/12 3:27 PM, Paul Hohensee wrote:
> Looks good.

Thanks! And thanks for the fast review!!

> A nit: you could use %s:%c in the sprintf format string, vis,
>
>     sprintf(ld_library_path, "%s:%c", t, '.');
>
> which would save allocating the "." string.

I went back and forth on that... I decided it was better to match
all the other code that assembles the ld_library_path in this
function... all of those format string patterns are "%s:%s"...

> Are there any security issues with using dot on a search path?

I don't think so. We explicitly decided to keep "." in the
java.library.path on Windows last year when we went through
the whole LoadLibrary security fire drill... We did move it
to the end of java.library.path though which is why I did
the same on MacOS X.

Also, having "." in the java.library.path is what Apple's Java6
does so we want to ease transition there...

Dan