Java 7 for Mac OSX

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Wed Feb 22 10:31:55 PST 2012

On 2/22/2012 10:20 AM, Richard Bair wrote:
> Agreed, I think the JDK team has been and continues to be very serious about it. I wonder what you mean by "server" apps though -- application servers and the like? Those typically require a full JDK anyway because they require a compiler, but in my descriptions about "app deploy" I'm really just talking about consumer applications deployed to desktops.

Application servers and more. Anything that listens on a network port
and services a request
and consumes and parses bytes from the external request.
The floating point parsing bug and the beast ssl hack are examples of
what can happen.
Yes, I knew (and said) you were talking about pure desktop apps. I just
wanted to point out there
is another class of app that may bundle a JRE (or JDK) but still can
have JDK security issues to contend with.

-phil.