[7u4] Review request for 7145818: [macosx] dialogs not showing when JFrame is in full screen mode

Anthony Petrov anthony.petrov at ORACLE.COM
Wed Feb 29 06:58:32 PST 2012

Hello,

Please review a fix for http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=7145818 at:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~anthony/x-21-popupInFullscreen-7145818.0/

Thanks Mike for the suggestion to use the [NSWindow toggleFullScreen]
API. I've tested the fix on both 10.7 and 10.6.8, and it works
consistently on both systems. Although the new API is claimed to be
supported starting with 10.7 only, it works fine on my 10.6.8 box as
well (but prints out a warning about sending an unrecognized selector to
an AWTWindow instance.)

I've also verified that the native resize events contain correct window
size, so I removed the machinery that sent synthetic events in the full
screen mode.

--
best regards,
Anthony