dropArguments still NYI?

John Rose John.Rose at Sun.COM
Fri May 29 17:36:30 PDT 2009

On May 29, 2009, at 9:29 AM, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:

> Here's the code in syn/dyn/MethodHandleImpl.java:
>
>     public static
>     MethodHandle dropArguments(Access token, MethodHandle target,
>                                MethodType newType, int argnum) {
>         Access.check(token);
>         throw new UnsupportedOperationException("NYI");
>     }
>
> I certainly could have things applied incorrectly, but I could find no
> updates to MethodHandleImpl.java in patches/jdk/indy.patch

It's there, the second-to-last page of:
   http://hg.openjdk.java.net/mlvm/mlvm/jdk/diff/a643b6f41624/indy.patch

Maybe you didn't re-apply the mq patches after you pulled them?  It
happens.

For safety, you should back off all the way (hg qpop -a) and then
repush (hg qpush -a).

The mq feature of hg does not know or care that a patch has been
changed, until you re-apply it explicitly.

-- John