another mac build available

Stephen Bannasch stephen.bannasch at deanbrook.org
Tue Jan 11 19:29:02 PST 2011

Howard Lovatt was interested in another build for the Mac and now I've got one that actually passes the five test suites in
jdk/test/java/dyn.

http://www.concord.org/~sbannasch/mlvm/java-1.7.0-internal-mlvm-2011_01_11.tar.gz

This was built with the following guards: "buildable testable /coro"

... and with fastdebug enabled if I've got the confusing env vars set correctly:

     DEBUG_NAME=fastdebug
     SKIP_FASTDEBUG_BUILD=true

The only thing I am certain of is that it prints it's version and passes these tests:

   $ jtreg -jdk:build/bsd-amd64/j2sdk-image  -v:summary jdk/test/java/dyn
   Passed: java/dyn/ClassValueTest.java
   Passed: java/dyn/InvokeDynamicPrintArgs.java
   Passed: java/dyn/InvokeGenericTest.java
   Passed: java/dyn/JavaDocExamplesTest.java
   Passed: java/dyn/MethodHandlesTest.java

FYI: My build scripts are updated here: https://gist.github.com/gists/243072

It would be nice at some point to integrate these build scripts with the new work on the macosx-port to create an universal (32
and 64bit) MLVM image that played nice with the tools and systems Apple uses to switch between different JVM instances on Mac
OS X.

   http://wikis.sun.com/display/OpenJDK/Mac+OS+X+Port

They are also using llvm-gcc-4.2 and I wonder if it compiles to faster code?

I'm using gcc-4.0 in my build scripts.