heads up: package name change coming

forum at x9c.fr forum at x9c.fr
Tue Jan 18 22:45:43 PST 2011

Le 14 janv. 2011 à 14:11, John Rose a écrit :

> On Jan 7, 2011, at 1:59 AM, John Rose wrote:
>
>> Current drafts of the API (as extracted from the mlvm patch repository) may always be previewed here:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jrose/pres/indy-javadoc-mlvm/
>>
>> The present draft uses the package name "java.dyn".  The next draft from the JSR 292 EG will reflect the package name change.  The name changes currently under development may be observed in the mlvm patch repository:
>> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/mlvm/mlvm/jdk/file/tip/meth-rename.patch
>>
>> -- John
>
> The beauty contest is over.  We are going to put our creations in "java.lang.invoke".  (Consolation prize to "java.lang.dyn", edged out by the analogy with "java.lang.reflect".)  Thanks to all who helped brainstorm on this.
>
> In other news, the EG is polishing the spec. for a formal Public Review to occur in a matter of weeks.  I periodically checkpoint our work to cr.openjdk.java.net, and I just pushed a new version here:
>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jrose/pres/indy-javadoc-mlvm-old/2011-0114-no-rename
>
> This is everything *except* the renames from java.dyn.  In the same directory ("indy-javadoc-mlvm-old") are older versions, plus an occasional diff (which has a name of the form "*-after-*").
>
> I expect to update the main preview soon, here:
>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jrose/pres/indy-javadoc-mlvm

Is it safe to assume that the name change will be done for "Milestone 12"
due for 2011/02/17 according to <http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk7/> ?

Not that I am a calendar-freak, but would like to release some preview to
users, and would like to avoid them an unnecessary update of the JDK7
beta.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Regards,

Xavier Clerc