Possible bug: JVM crash due to GC when using indy

shanka.mns at gmail.com shanka.mns at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:08:24 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Y. S. Ramakrishna <
y.s.ramakrishna at oracle.com> wrote:

> Quick question: does it also get past the subsequent crash you were seeing
> previously, once you got past the GC issue?

No it doesn't get past that. I'm still facing the issue

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:20 AM, Christian Thalinger <
christian.thalinger at oracle.com> wrote:

> Is this code available somewhere?  Since you said this works with simple
> tests I assume you can't extract a simpler testcase that shows the same
> problem.

Well I was working on this yesterday and was able to slightly reduce the
scope. I think I know where it crashes.
I am starting the JVM with -noverify, since I was getting too many:
java.lang.VerifyError: Stack map does not match the one at exception handler

I think this is what is causing the crash.

My experiments are in bitbucket:
https://bitbucket.org/shashank/jython-experiments/src

At this point I think the problem is with my code and not a bug in JVM. I
will investigate this further and report back.

Thanks for your time!
Shashank