OpenJDK 8 + lambdas build for OS X

Ben Evans benjamin.john.evans at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 05:02:42 PST 2011

Hi,

My understanding is that lambdas are currently a separate hg forest
(to allow the lambdas team to go faster), and that the team will be
bringing code across from lambdas into jdk8 mainline, and then
rebaselining.

So it may not be possible to build a combined jdk8 + lambdas at the
moment. (Brian, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Henri - what's the situation with your builds? Would it be a lot of
work to also build the lambdas forest for OS X? I think it would be
very useful to tide us over until the rebaselining has all occurred.

Thanks,

Ben