Update 12 build 3 - performance report & question

George Marrows george.marrows at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 4 00:54:14 PST 2012

[resend after getting stuck in moderation first time]

I was just checking out update 12 b3 with our Magik implementation on 64
bit Windows.

Does b3 contain the backport of the Java 8 invokedynamic impl that I
believe was planned? I can't quite tell from the jdk7u-dev list.

Anyway, something has shifted cos we've got generally better performance
across our micro-benchmarks (geom mean down 15% relative to u9), with a
small set of regressions, particularly around some work Duncan did to
improve perform's, er, performance. Thanks for the speed-ups! Happy to
follow up on the regressions if you're interested.

Any idea when u12 is likely to ship?
George