Defining anonymous classes

Mark Roos mroos at roos.com
Mon Aug 25 21:16:51 UTC 2014

>From Charles

This is how JRuby has survived for years. A classloader-per-class has
a big memory load (ClassLoader has a lot of internal state, classes
have a lot of metadata) but with permgen bumped up (or replaced with
metaspace as in 8) and a few reuse tricks, it hasn't been a major
issue for us

It seems like this extra memory should dwarf the memory used by the
lambdaForms?

If that is the case then seems like the memory usage for lambda forms is
not that
important at least for jRuby.

The comments on loss of performance due to the memory reduction efforts
concerns
me as speed is more important than memory size for me.

mark