Truffle and mlvm

Thomas Wuerthinger thomas.wuerthinger at oracle.com
Sun Aug 31 23:10:29 UTC 2014

Mark,

Yes, I understand that changes always bring both technical challenges and unfortunately as you mention also political ones. Truffle offers an incremental option (see details in Chris’ mail). It in particular also works exactly like you describe below: It is a Java library that makes executing Truffle AST (which are pure Java programs) fast. Truffle language implementations can gracefully interact with *all* programs on top of the JVM, including language implementations that dynamically generate bytecodes.

- thomas