Running Nashorn

Kasper Nielsen kasperni at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 08:26:13 PDT 2013

My code is pretty simple:

import javax.script.ScriptEngineManager;

public class EngineTest {
        new ScriptEngineManager();
        Thread.sleep(100000);
    }
}
> Javac EngineTest.java
> Java EngineTest
-> A window pops up.

AppleScriptEngine.jar installed in /System/Library/Java/Extensions seems to
be the culprit.
If I remove it I do no window pops up. (/System/Library/Java/Extensions is
on the default extension path)

I'm pretty sure AppleScriptEngine.jar comes whenever you install Apples
Java distribution.
It is dated "3 Sep  2011 AppleScriptEngine.jar"

- Kasper

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Jim Laskey (Oracle) <james.laskey at oracle.com