Review request for 8023368: Instance __proto__ property should exist and be writable.

A. Sundararajan sundararajan.athijegannathan at oracle.com
Wed Aug 21 03:59:22 PDT 2013

Updated: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8023368/webrev.01/

* changed return value of Object.setPrototypeOf(O, proto) to be "O" -
the object whose prototype is changed

* removed --proto-assign command line option. Object.setPrototypeOf
available always.

* __proto__ magic property allows set - but as like __proto__ read, the
__proto__ write is also available only after calling

     load("nashorn:mozilla_compat.js")

Thanks
-Sundar