Bug report: JavaScript arrays are not coerced into Java arrays when calling Java functions that expect arrays

Tal Liron tal.liron at threecrickets.com
Tue Oct 8 05:35:28 PDT 2013

In my mind, it's acceptible if nested conversion doesn't happen: Rhino
doesn't support it, either. But one would expect that at least the
first-level of arguments would be coerced. By the way, this also works
as expected in other JVM dynamic languages: Jython, JRuby, Quercus,
LuaJ, Groovy and Clojure (though the latter both use Java arrays, so
coercion is easier: just to the array element type).

Would it be possible to support this intrinsically in mozilla_compat.js?
Or possibly add an optional flag for it in Nashorn?

This is a big deal. I have a very large application that works in Rhino
but won't work in Nashorn because of this.