Docs/examples for JSAdapter

Jim Laskey (Oracle) james.laskey at oracle.com
Tue Oct 22 09:34:28 PDT 2013

In Nashorn, there is no need to wrap classes/types in JavaScript objects.  You can work with them directly or extended them directly.  As an example,

jjs> var ArrayList = Java.type("java.util.ArrayList");  // or var ArrayList = java.util.ArrayList;
jjs> var Arrays = Java.type("java.util.Arrays");
jjs> var list = new ArrayList();
jjs> list.add("a");
true
jjs> list.add("b");
true
jjs> list.add("c");
true
jjs> list.addAll(Arrays.asList(["d", "e", "f"]));
true
jjs> list.addAll(Arrays.asList("g", "h", "i"));
true
jjs> for each(var e in list) print(e);

Is there a specific example of something you want to translate?  We can help you out.

Cheers,

-- Jim