Forcing elements of List to be converted as java.lang.Long

Attila Szegedi attila.szegedi at oracle.com
Wed Nov 26 21:50:39 UTC 2014

I don't think so. As the types are erased at run time all we see is a method with signature foo(List list). I think if you tried to add two methods to a class:

    public void foo(List<Long> x) { }
    public void foo(List<Integer> x) { }

then javac would refuse to compile it saying that both have the same erasure.

Attila.