RFR 8134873: Implement support for ES6 numeric literals

Attila Szegedi attila.szegedi at oracle.com
Tue Sep 1 14:42:45 UTC 2015

- How about we use BINARY_NUMBER instead of BINARY_LITERAL? I know this is bikeshedding… It’s still more consisent with other literal token types (e.g. NULL and STRING) that don’t have the _LITERAL suffix. If we made it consistent the other way round, we’d have to have NULL_LITERAL, STRING_LITERAL, etc. Of course, we can just choose to live with the inconsistency and leave it as it is.

- These literals should only be recognized with --language=es6, shouldn’t they? In the current form, it seems like the code will recognize them with es5 language too, won’t it?

Attila.