Review request for JDK-8134403: Nashorn react.js benchmark performance regression

Sundararajan Athijegannathan sundararajan.athijegannathan at oracle.com
Wed Sep 9 11:33:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

You could check out jdk8u-dev forest and build nashorn using "ant". You
can get jdk8u forest from

     http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8u/jdk8u-dev/

If you've complete jdk8u forest in directory $jdk8u

     cd $jdk8u/nashorn/make
     export JAVA_HOME=<recent_jdk8u_installation_home>
     ant clean jar

The resulting jar is produced @ $jdk8u/nashorn/dist directory. You can
use that jar with jjs as

     jjs -J-Djava.ext.dirs=$jdk8u/nashorn/dist

NOTE: This is just a workaround for demonstration/talk purpose only. I
don't recommend this as a production/deployment option - mixing binaries
from local build + released version is problematic!

Hope this helps,
-Sundar