Dynalink and delete

Marc Downie marc at openendedgroup.com
Mon May 23 22:11:52 UTC 2016

Dear all,

First of all, many thanks for this year's JEP-276 / jdk.dynalink
refactoring. We've been enjoying all of the benefits of installing a custom
Linker without having to maintain a fork of Nashorn just to get it
installed. We can massage and customize the face that Java objects present
to JavaScript almost completely.

The one thing that remains that I can't manipulate is the behavior of Java
objects with respect to *delete*. In short we have elaborately customizable
*dyn:setProp*, *setElem*, *getProp*, *getElem* that we can bridge to other
languages and runtimes, but no *dyn:deleteX. *Is this by omission or by
design?

best,

Marc