Building OpenJDK7 on NB

Dave Bristor David.Bristor at Sun.COM
Mon Nov 26 09:19:36 PST 2007

Vaibhav Choudhary wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was trying to build OpenJDK7 on Netbeans6. I am facing the following
> problem:
>
> 1. We are getting some wired error like expecting % in some gmk file.
> Any idea what is this ? - We are getting some error of Binary Plugs -
> path is set to the folder containing  installed binary
> plug(ALT_BINARY_PLUGS_PATH)

Could you please be specific about the error?

The NetBeans projects have not been updated to take advantage of the binary
plugs, and still require a full JDK 7 in order to work.  In other words, the
current documentation provided with the NetBeans projects is correct.

> 2. If anyone of you have build setup then please share it with me.

In my ~/.openjdk/build.properties:

bootstrap.jdk=/data/bin/solaris/i386/jdk1.7.0
jtreg.home=/data/lib/jtreg
make.options=\
     ALT_BINARY_PLUGS_PATH=/data2/ws/6-open/openjdk-binary-plugs \
     ALT_BOOTDIR=/data/bin/solaris/i386/jdk1.6.0

	Dave