Small tutorial about building and running HotSpot on Linux/x86 with NetBeans

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:35:38 PST 2008

Hi,

during the last few weeks, I put together my own step-by-step HowTo
about building and running the OpenJDK on  Linux/x86. It specially
focuses on building and running the different HotSpot flavors
(opt/debug, client/server JIT compiler, template/C++ interpreter) and
contains a small evaluation of NetBeans 6.0 as a development
environment for HotSpot hacking.

(I had to split it up into two entries because it was too long for the
blog system:)

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/simonis/archive/2008/01/hotspot_develop.html
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/simonis/archive/2008/01/hotspot_develop_1.html

As always, comments and corrections are highly appreciated...

Regards,
Volker