Patch for Enhancement Bug # 6313849 and 417591

Michael McMahon Michael.McMahon at Sun.COM
Thu May 17 02:12:02 PDT 2007

Andreas Schaefer wrote:
> I added the disconnect() method to the java.net.URLConnection class and
> the implementation to its subclasses. I create the Disconnect.java test
> class which tests that  the InputStreams are closed and the a reconnect
> is possible.
>
> The file disconnect.sh, Disconnect.java and foo2.jar should go into
> trunk/j2se/test/java/net/URLConnection.
>
> This is my first patch for the OpenJDK and so I would love to do it from
> start to finish. Please let me know if something does not work out or if
> I should change any of this.

Hi Andreas,

Since this is an RFE requesting an API change, then it (the API change)
will need to be approved
by the CCC. The process is that someone from Sun (me in this case) would
liaise with the CCC, by
submitting the request on your behalf, and then relaying any
communications from them to this mailing
list (and vice-versa). But, before we get to that stage, we need to
discuss the change on this list, and thrash out all of the
implications of it. We should be sure that this change will not have any
unforeseen consequences down
the line.

Thanks,
Michael.