About writing tests that need to setup ip addresses on dummy interface on the test machine

Doychin Bondzhev doychin at dsoft-bg.com
Wed Dec 31 12:16:48 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

There is already some preliminary changes ready regarding problem with
NetworkInterfaces class that I wrote about in earlier email.

Now the next thing we need to do is to write test that will work with
predefined configuration on a dummy interface.

We want to setup some IP addresses on that dummy interface before
running the actual test and then to remove that configuration after test
is complete.

For that purpose we need to run commands like:

ip addr add/del

on Linux in order to enable dummy and set multiple IP addresses with
different masks on that interface.

Is that possible on the system where you run automated testing?

Thanks in advance
--
Doychin Bondzhev
dSoft-Bulgaria Ltd.