RFR(L): 8031581: PPC64: Addons and fixes for AIX to pass the jdk regression tests

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Jan 16 08:51:55 PST 2014

On 16/01/2014 10:34, Volker Simonis wrote:
> :
> I just thought because poll is more file-descriptor oriented and not
> network specific. And the constants are also used for example in:
>
> src/macosx/classes/sun/nio/ch/KQueueArrayWrapper.java:
> src/solaris/classes/sun/nio/ch/sctp/Sctp*
> src/solaris/classes/sun/nio/ch/Port.java
>
> But actually I have no prefernece here so I can put them just as well
> to sun.nio.ch.Net
It's not used for anything except sockets here (there aren't any
selectable channels that aren't also network channels). So I think
sun.nio.ch.Net is marginly cleaner here.

> :
>
> Sure, no problem. Although I still would like to push this to
> ppc-aix-port/stage-9 and ppc-aix-port/stage first because that's where
> we really need it. Anyway, the current plan is to merge
> ppc-aix-port/stage-9 into jdk9 mainline by the end of January and
> ppc-aix-port/stage into 8u-dev by the end of March (for 8u20). Would
> that be ok?

I see you've created a bug for this. I guess it's okay if comes via the
ppc port although would still be good to get it into jdk9/dev early as
it impacts all platforms.

-Alan.