RFR(L): 8031581: PPC64: Addons and fixes for AIX to pass the jdk regression tests

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Jan 20 07:24:01 PST 2014

On 20/01/2014 13:45, Volker Simonis wrote:
> :
> Hi everybody,
>
> so here's the second version of this webrev:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~simonis/webrevs/8031581_2/
This looks okay to me.

The typo ("legel" -> "legal") still exists in zip_util.c and maybe that
can be fixed before you push this (no need to generate a few webrev of
course).

For the JDWP socket transport then it's interesting that shutdown is
being used to cause the reader thread to be preempted. That may be
useful when it comes to addressing the bigger async close issue.

> The main changes compared to the first webrew are as follows:
>
>   - the POLL-constants related stuff has been factored out into its own
> webrev ("8031997: PPC64: Make the various POLL constants system
> dependant" - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8031997).
I see this has been pushed to ppc-aix-port/stage-9. Would you have any
objection if I brought this into jdk9/dev (minus the AixPollPort
change)? We can use a different bug number so as not to cause duplicate
bug issues. It should trivially merge when you come to sync'ing up the
staging forest.

>   - the "Async close on AIX" workarounds have been taken out as well
> and will be handled separately
Thanks for separating this one out as I suspect this that doing this
cleanly is going to involve changes for all platforms.

-Alan.