RFR JDK-8156742: Miscellaneous WebSocket API improvements

Pavel Rappo pavel.rappo at oracle.com
Fri Jun 3 14:55:47 UTC 2016

> On 3 Jun 2016, at 14:58, Simone Bordet <simone.bordet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The implementation should reply to a Close frame with a Close frame
> with the same code.
> Applications do not need to call sendClose() from within onClose().

It's just this thing can be done. We can't prohibit sending a Close message from
within onClose(). Though it would NOT be necessary.

> But onClose() should return a CS, or you decided not to ? If so, can
> you detail why, FTR ?

I explicitly mentioned this in my previous email:

>> (Please note that here I'm only talking about Close message
>> representation. Other topics discussed, like returning CS/CF from onClose will
>> be addressed later.)

Though I told you that I liked the idea, I'm trying to critically look at it and
find as many pros and cons as I can.

Thanks.