RFR 8158023: SocketExceptions contain too little information sometimes

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Thu Jun 30 07:39:39 UTC 2016

Thanks, pushed: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/rev/0b88eb2f451d

From: Roger Riggs [mailto:Roger.Riggs at Oracle.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2016 23:22
To: Langer, Christoph <christoph.langer at sap.com>
Cc: net-dev at openjdk.java.net; core-libs-dev at openjdk.java.net; nio-dev at openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: RFR 8158023: SocketExceptions contain too little information sometimes

Hi Christph,

fine, push when ready.
On 6/29/2016 5:18 PM, Langer, Christoph wrote:

Hi Roger,

thanks for reviewing.

As for:

jni_util.c: line 216:

There I don't create an extra String but the Exception Object to throw, similar to the old function JNU_ThrowByNameWithLastError.
I misread line 216, thinking the exception class was fixed.

jni_util.h:

   line 117-119, The original comment was just as informative as the

I think you are right - I will restore the old comment.

If no objections I consider this reviewed and will push it tomorrow with the reverted comment lines.
Yep,

Thanks, Roger

Thanks

Christoph